Tuesday, May 30, 2006

AI5 finale results show and Clay Aiken ...

Hello everyone,

Well I have been resisting, but it seems to be next to impossible to resist weighing in on the American Idol 5 finale results show which was held last Wednesday evening - and in particular, Clay's appearance on the show.

Goodness knows, everyone else has written and disseminated everything going through their mind (good and bad) about the "Clappearance" on AI5, so why not me, I figured, since I'm a true-and-true Clay fan?

Just check out this graph of Clay mentions on Technorati (the oft-called "Google-of-blogs"): posts that contain Clay Aiken per day for the last 30 days
Technorati Chart
Get your own chart!


"Clay Aiken" is currently the most-often searched term on Technorati... it's incredible, but well-deserved and a long time coming for our friend Clay!

Seems that Clay made the evening, perhaps even more than AI5 winner Taylor Hicks himself! Not fair for the guy, but I have to say that I mostly watched the finale with the hope of seeing our man Clay once again. And see him I did! What an appearance! I knew him right away when he appeared in the background behind the parting curtains - those big feet turned outwards gave him away. :-) A true Clay stance. The male fan's reaction to seeing the real Clay come out and join him onstage was both cute and annoying at the same time. But I was peeved when he kept on belting out his out-of-tune imitation of Clay - I kept mentally begging him to be quiet and let Clay shine. Shine he did of course - because Clay always does. I felt so proud and happy to see him again, live and in front of our eyes. He has become a true star, needing no introduction, no explanation, just Clay with his huge heart, his smile and his incredible voice.

But... here goes. I know I'll get a few (many?) disapproving comments on this, but I have to say that I don't love the new haircut, in fact I don't even like it. It makes him look way young and immature, with the bangs in his eyes and plastered to his forehead so one can't properly see his beautiful eyes:

Clay AI5 Flickr.com pix, posted by "Friend of Faeries" Posted by Picasa


Quite unappealing in my opinion, nothing like his natural strawberry-blond short locks sticking up in the air, which I love. I think his hair was at his best when he performed during last summer's Jukebox Tour. I really love the photos of Clay which fans posted online of the JBT05 concerts. One of my very favourites can be seen here:


It shows true Clay emotion, plus I love his hair at that time. Guess I'll have to post a hair-poll to guage my fellow fans' appreciation of Clay's new hairstyle. But then, I already know most love it - just see the results of a current poll being taken by Clay's Daily Double. In any case, it has sure created a buzz around Clay, such that now would be a great time to release your new album, Clay! ;-)

Technorati tags:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic post Claykat! Thanks for linking to CDD again!

Unknown said...

I've posted a little note for our visitors to check our this blog.

http://www.cdd.blogspot.com

*hugs*
clayis
CDD

feelingthejoy said...

I love the hair...but it's okay not to...he's gorgeous no matter what!

TheClayBlog said...

Yeah, I disagree. Change is good, and this change works. It puts him more in line with his age. Reinvention is necessary for growing in the entertainment industry.

I have come to completely totally LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair. When I look at the shorter hair, it now seems a little dated. I can't wait to see more!

But no matter what he does... HE'S HOT!!!

ClayKat said...

Wow, fellow Clay fans - thanks for your comments! Nice to hear from you. And clayisouridol, thanks so much for the post about my blog on your blog - very kind of you and much appreciated!

ClayKat