Saturday, June 03, 2006

Poll results - What moves you most about Clay Aiken?

Hello everyone,

You might have noticed that every so often, I put out a Blogpoll. You will find the current one in the top, right-hand column of my blog: "How do you feel about Clay's new hairdo?"

I have decided to present the results of my last poll as a table - at least, I hope it will work (still learning my HTML codes!) In the last poll, I asked you what moved you most about Clay Aiken, whether his voice, his charisma, etc. I closed off the poll at a total of 120 votes. Here's the tally:

What moves you most about Clay Aiken?Poll results
ReplyPercentage of votesNumber of votes
his voice69.2%83
his charisma14.2%17
his community and humanitarian involvement4.2%5
his faith4.2%5
other (write me a comment to tell me what)4.2%5
his look2.5%3
his friendliness1.7%2
his education0%0

Clearly, Clay's voice wins hands down as what moves my respondents most - 83% said so. No surprise there! For the next greatest perceptage of people - 14.2% - Clay's charisma is what moves them the most.

After that, the same number of people participating in this poll - 4.2% - chose one of three responses: either Clay's community and humanitarian involvement, his faith, or "other". I asked people to explain if they chose "other". One reader said that it was impossible to choose one factor over another. For her, it is all of the characteristics together which lead to the wonderful person that is Clay Aiken! Kudos to her for that insight!

2.5% chose Clay's look as what moves them the most. His friendliness moves 1.7% of respondents most of all. No one chose Clay's education as what moves them the most. Wish I knew what those who chose "other" were thinking of, but they mostly didn't leave comments to explain.

I'm not surprised about the results; I was sure Clay's voice would dwarf other results. However, I expected that Clay's community and humanitarian involvements would equal his charisma, in the minds of many respondents. But the latter got three times the votes that the former received.

Let me just say that of course, this poll is not scientific in any shape or form! I just put polls out there for fun, from time to time.

So don't forget to answer the current one about Clay's new look (read: hair)!

-- ClayKat

Technorati tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't a member on here yet when you had your last poll, so I thought I'd tell you what I like most about Clay just for kicks.
First off, I LOVE his voice. It's so pure and...nice.
Secondly, I am completely and utterly in love with his heart. I love that he does so much for others and actually DOES the things and doesn't just send money to charities.
Thirdly, and this is a biggie, I love his moral values. I try to be a good person and make myself and my mother proud and I usually succeed. Seeing someone in the spotlight like he is that keeps everything under control the way he does is simply amazing. He's a great role model.
I guess it's good I didn't participate in your poll...I wouldn't have known what to answer. =P

Anonymous said...

I will also say his voice has got me. But i will say this, his character and goodness that has made me the level of fan that I am. I probably would have gone to see him once or so and bought his music. But that would probably have been it. I enjoy some other very talented people, arguably just as talented as Clay in their own way. SOme more talented than CLay in other ways. I have enjoyed their talent as well but I do not care about or support them with the passion that I do Clay. I have never gone to see anyone more than once, I have never supported anyone like I do CLay. ANd I have never had anyone be so on my mind.
BTW I have seen CLay live 49 times and I have met him once at the Raleigh book signing.

Marge
NJ

ClayKat said...

Hear, hear to both of you! I can really relate. I also love Clay for his heart and his character as well as his voice. He is an extraordinary human being and we are blessed to have him on this earth and know him - if only from afar! He is a great role model, I agree.

Marge, I'm jealous ;-). You have seen him live 49 times! Plus met him in person. Wow! Lucky you!!

Thanks to both of you for sharing your thoughts and feelings about Clay.

-- ClayKat