Sunday, April 16, 2006

Patience, Clay-fans!

I check out fansites, blogs and online forums on a regular, although infrequent basis (maybe twice a month). In recent weeks, I'm seeing more and more whining, as in "Clay, when are you going to put out your new album?", "If you don't do something soon, Clay, I might go elsewhere", "Fans are getting bored, Clay, do something to keep up our interest in you", etc. etc. These are not direct quotes, but examples of the general ideas I'm seeing more often. These complaining fans want Clay's new CD now - or at least the promise of a concert, or a public appearance.

My reaction is: what gives? Are we in that much of a hyperactive, attention-deficit society in North America that we have to be constantly stimulated, otherwise we go elsewhere? Never heard of patience, people? Or loyalty towards our favourite singer?

It's not like Clay hasn't done anything in these last three years since American Idol 2, when he came into the very public eye - and sang his way into our hearts. Last December, I blogged about how Clay managed to stay so busy, doing so much in just a few years. For my part, I don't mind at all waiting until Clay is ready to give his fans whatever he wants to share with us. In the meantime, I still have his commercial CDs, his book, as well as the CDs I made myself by downloading the incredible clack one finds online. He also blogs occasionally on his official fan club site to let us know what he is up to.

Clay is currently building his new home in Raleigh, making a CD, working with the Bubel-Aiken Foundation, planning his future activities (public appearances, concerts, as well as his UNICEF work) - and relaxing! At least I hope he gives himself that.

So let's have a little patience and give Clay some breathing room and support!
Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm frustrated and sad at the same time because I don't know what to believe or think anymore.