Saturday, June 24, 2006

"How do you feel about Clay's new hairdo?" - Poll results

Hello everyone,

If memory serves me well, it has been exactly one month since the American Idol 5 finale where we first saw Clay sporting his new hairdo. Soon after, I posted a Blogpoll to gauge your reaction - although from what I had seen and heard in the days following, I was already pretty sure of the answer. :-)

To the question "How do you feel about Clay's new hairdo?", I offered four possible responses:

- I love it!
- I don't care what his hair does - I love the man no matter what
- I like it, but it'll take some getting used to
- I hate it - bring back the spiky dirty blonde locks!

As I expected, the majority (64%) of the 228 respondents indicated that they love Clay's new hairstyle. Although I thought the percentage would be higher. You can see the complete results below:

Choices of responses

Percentage

Number of votes

I love it!

64%

146

I don't care what his hair does - I love the man no matter what

19.3%

44

I like it, but it'll take some getting used to

14.9%

34

I hate it - bring back the spiky dirty blonde locks!

1.8%

4

Total votes

100%

228


In my case, I notice that my opinion has changed over the last month. In my post about the new haircut, I said that I didn't like it much and that I preferred his natural, lighter colour and spiky, short hair. But I have to say that Clay's new look has been growing on me... In any case, it doesn't matter to me what he looks like, because his heart and soul always come through his smile, his voice and his sparkling eyes, regardless of his hair!

-- ClayKat

Technorati tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Claykat, you've a very polished and professional site. I am just writing some of Clay's fans site because I'm in the process of getting an interview with him and thought you might want that on your site too. I have a daily news blog on AOL and am grateful, we have at least one clean cut guy out there, that has something to say in his music. I left my music critic briefing on Clay, as well as my link. Keepin it Real- Raven Smith


When I watched the American Idol finals this year the best part was watching Clay Aiken walk out. I screamed like some crazed teenager and hoped no-one saw me. He is the all alpha male and the surprising geek that gals shout, "Drool Drool," heck even the Clay Aiken look-a-like was drooling. When the music started and the announcer said, "Will the real Clay Aiken come on down," Clay did his thang. He walked out stout, confidant and knew he was all that. Clay, being the professional that he is, handled the look-a-likes attempt at a duet very smoothly. Funny though, the look-a-like wasn't even a bit embarrassed. He is the type that will go home, re-watch his debut over and over; and for the rest of his life, not once think he over reacted. This is what makes earths grand adventure worth living through. When Clay comes to my town the teenagers and us older gals, going through a mid-life crisis will join hands, wait in line and no doubt fainting spells shall commence, by us all.

ClayKat said...

Thanks much for your comment and your feedback. I'm glad to learn there is at least one music critic who sees Clay's many qualities as his fans do!

I see your 2nd comment contained a link to your column, which you didn't have in this post. I'm including it here: http://journals.aol.com/rebuketheworld/RebukeTheWorld/entries/1351

Hope you get that interview with OMC (introduce me to him at the same time, will you?) ;-)

ClayKat

Anonymous said...

I did not vote so you can add me to love his hair. I think I thudded at a whole new level watching him on AI5. Have not recovered since and then I saw those pics with unstyled new hair and thud again to a new level. LOL

Anonymous said...

I personally don't have an opinion about Clay's hair one way or the other, but several friends of mine have gone through the same phases you have. First they didn't like it very much, but after having some time to get used to it, they now love it!