Friday, March 03, 2006

On the ludicrous intolerance of some people

Hello everyone,

I am floored by just how bigoted and prejudiced people can be! I just read a recent article about some fans suing Clay and his record label, "following tabloid allegations he's gay". I could just scream! My goodness people, get a life! Suing Clay about something so personal? So what if Clay is gay? I just hope he's happy, no matter who is with, no matter the gender his loved one may be.

I hate tabloids, and I find disgraceful the allegations that floated about in one earlier this year. I will not dignify their behaviour by giving a link to that garbage. Just as bad: the man who supposedly "told all". I just feel bad for Clay being subjected to that, and in such a public way to boot.

But nine (former) Clay fans suing him and his record company because they supposedly created an image of Clay as being a "'Virginal, Asexual Character'" whereas he might not be (God forbid Clay might be a sexual being!)? There are no words for how low and despicable that is.

Clay is not some dream character; he is a real young man, a human being with diverse needs, wants, strengths and weaknesses, just like any one of us. And most of his fans love him no matter what, because we know he is fundamentally one of the good guys on this earth, someone to look up to, a real role model.

I just had to get out my frustration with the nasty people-who-have-lots-of-time-to-waste who are intentionally doing something to hurt Clay. Enough said.
Technorati tags:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen!

I often wonder these days what the world has come to with this high volume of gossip. Have we really hit rock bottom? We should be ashamed.

What goes on in Clay's personal life is his concern, not ours... and to be quite frank, I really couldn't care less if Clay is gay because that is a basic right granted to us by the declaration of independence.

Clay, your true fans will carry you.

*hugs*
clayis
Clay's Daily Double
http://www.cdd.blogspot.com

ClayKat said...

Hi there Clayis!

Hear, hear! I'm glad to see someone else feels like I do. I was getting a little tired of the blogosphere's frequent Clay-bashing.

From one "true" Clay fan to another. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, ClayKat, great post! Apparently the suit thing is a hoax, but aren't you tired of all the fuss about him being gay or not? You got it all right, people, get a life! We just want to see him happy. It annooys the hell out of me to see this all over the place...

Oh, and nice to meet you, claymates are always friends. :-)

ClayKat said...

Hi Patty,

Thanks for your appreciation! Like you, I am soooooooo "tired of all the fuss about him being gay or not". In my blog, I want to focus on following Clay's career/life, and sharing the ways in which he affects my life.

Nice to meet you too! Claymates understand each other. :-)