Sunday, January 14, 2007

GoodSearch - search the Internet and raise money for the Bubel-Aiken Foundation

Hello everyone,

I always believe that as much as possible, it's important to show solidarity and contribute to community actions and non-profit organizations. So when I learned about Good Search, which makes donations to charitable organizations upon every search, I always try to do searches from their search engine, rather than just Google everything (although I love Google and all its online services, don't get me wrong! I'm subscribed to lots of Google Alerts and have Gmail and Google Docs accounts, all of which I use regularly).

Whenever you want to find something on the Internet, check out Good Search. When there, in the field which asks "Who do you GoodSearch for?", type in all or part of a charitable organization you want to support and verify that it is in the list of recognized organizations, choose it, then do your search. A donation will be made each time you do a search, and the next time you return to Good Search, if you haven't erased your computer cookies, it will remain memorized.

Because this is a blog about Clay Aiken, I of course want to support an organization that is important to him, and a main one would be the Bubel-Aiken Foundation, which Clay set up in the summer of 2003 with Diane Bubel, and whose mission is "Creating communities where ALL children can learn, live, and play together."

If you have a blog or a Website, you can put a button which will link to Good Search. Check out the button I put in the right-hand column of my blog, which actually links directly to Good Search, with the Bubel-Aiken Foundation as designated charitable organization: GoodSearch for the BAF. If you show the source code of this page, you will see the code to copy and put on your own blog or Website.

Let's work together in small and big ways to make this a better, more inclusive world - as Clay would have it!

-- ClayKat

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Claykat.The BAF is a great organization and every little bit will help. I hope people will go to the website and read about what they do.