Tuesday, October 25, 2005

"When doves cry"... the crowd's supportive reaction

At one of his concerts this past summer, during the Jukebox Tour, Clay sang Prince's well-known song "When Doves Cry" (in my opinion, he sang it much better than Prince himself - but that's another story, because obviously I'm biased!).

One of the lines goes "Maybe I'm just like my father...too cold". The first couple of times I listened to the recording, I noticed the crowd roaring its disapproval whenever Clay sang that line, and I wondered why. Then I figured out what was going on: fans were chanting: "Noooooo" when Clay sang that particular line, letting him know that he is a warm and loving person - not at all cold, like his father and stepfather were in real life!

And that's the difference between Clay fans (or "Claymates") and fans of other singers / pop stars: we truly care about Clay, how he is and feels and who he is as a person. We know how sensitive and warm he is - and we let him know we care in every way possible!

No comments: