Friday, August 25, 2006

August 25th: 25 days to ATDW and one year since JBT

Hello everyone,

Today is August 25th, a day to celebrate in many ways! One year ago today, I was at my very first Clay concert: the Jukebox Tour. You can read here, here and here, my three-part experience of that amazing concert.

And it is 25 days from today that Clay's new CD, A Thousand Different Ways, is due to be released - I'm looking forward to it! It seems that these days, the Clay fandom is in a constant state of excitement, of eager expectancy - and I count myself in there! We can't wait for September 19th, when ATDW will be ours! Plus, so many of us will be getting together around the world to talk about the voice, the music, the joy... the man. I will be joining a group of fans getting together here in my city, and I hope you will be too!





In the meantime, check out a lovely thread on The Clayboard. The thread is entitled "*When I See You Smile* a picture thread!", and are there ever some classic sweet Clay smiles to be found there. Enjoy!

-- ClayKat
Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey claykat!

One of the best days of my life. Where were you seated? I was stupid enough to get the Ezrock presale and ended up with 203E. Still, the seats weren't bad and I loved the molson amphitheatre's open atmosphere. As I said, Best day of my life...

Hope clay comes back soon!

clayis
CDD

ClayKat said...

Hi there clayis!

Thanks for the comment - nice to hear from you! That concert was for me also, one of the best things in my life - an incredible evening! I wished it lasted all night. Do you remember when Clay said the concert would last all night (joking of course)? I wouldn't have minded in the least! Sleep vs Clay? OMC wins every time! ;-)

I had a faraway seat, sadly - in 302, almost the last row before the seats on the grass... I tried to upgrade my ticket when I arrived, but was given the runaround, then told I could not leave the premises to go back to the ticket office at the entrance, so I had to stay where I was. Nevertheless, I had an amazing time - how could one not, with Clay anywhere nearby! :-)

Are you in To? Or Canada anyway? I would love Clay to come here to Montreal, or Ottawa - but I would certainly go back to Toronto in a heartbeat too. I'm hoping one of those Xmas concerts Clay will be doing will be in Canada!

ClayKat