Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Remembering Sharie

I first posted the message below yesterday on The Clayboard - A Clay Aiken Message Board. When I heard my dear friend Sharie passed away Monday evening, my first thought was to write a tribute to her, and post it in a place where fans of Clay Aiken gather. I met Sharie on Clay's fanclub so many years ago, back when he had a chatroom and discussion boards on his website.

πŸ’“πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ            πŸ’“πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ
Hello everyone,

I don't come here very often anymore, although I remain a big fan of Clay's, always and forever.

Years ago, on Clay's old fanclub website, he had a chatroom. A number of us gathered there regularly to share about Our Clay, and I became good friends there with Sharie, from around 2005 or 2006. Unfortunately I don't recall her chatroom handle (mine was ClayKath)...

Sharie passed away late Monday, and I feel the need to come here and pay tribute to her, here among Clay-fans, since it is as fans that we met and forged a friendship that lasted over a dozen years.

Sharie always loved Clay, as I did and do. Although like Clay, she could be snarky sometimes! Ah, the laughs we shared! And the joy we had, sharing clack and seeing and hearing that beautiful voice through the years. We shared tears too, when loved ones died, and when we both went through life challenges, as everyone does.

In these last few weeks, while Sharie was in palliative care, I sent her links to some wonderful videos of Clay in concert, to make her smile and laugh:
Sharie, I will always remember you! Please make lots of people in heaven become Clay-fans.


Love to you always,
your "Canadian Kath"
πŸ‘ΌπŸ’“πŸ˜˜

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sharie would be so elated to see this post, Kath, and YOU are her Angel for posting it. As my loving & spirited wife for 48 years, I knew Sharie VERY well (as one might imagine?). Sharie's love for me was deep & true.
THAT being said, Sharie's love for Clay Aiken ran a close second!
Thank you for befriending my gurl, Kath, & for honoring her in her passing.
My (Our) LOVE to you Always!!!
Den