Sunday, January 28, 2018

15 years ago today!


This morning, I was looking at today's date and wondering why it rang a bell for me... Someone's birthday? No... A forgotten commitment? No...

Then when checking out my newsfeeds, I saw this post on the Clay Aiken News Network blog. Aha, that's it! January 28th, 2003 was the date Clay's first audition was broadcast on TV, at the beginning of the second season of American Idol. I saved that audition on a VHS tape for years, and listened to it over and over again in the days and weeks following that broadcast. I now have it in a .MP3 file on my cellphone. THAT VOICE! You know what I mean... the voice that hooked us from the first note. The voice that seems to speak to one's soul like no other.

It's amazing to think that it has been 15 years since that first moment when we heard Clay Aiken sing. Since then, I've seen him live in concert a few times, and followed his career and activities from afar.

So today I say congratulations and thank you, Clay! You have given so much joy to so many of us fans! And not only through your voice, but also through the content of your character. You are a sensitive, witty, socially-engaged man with a big heart.

Happy 15th anniversary to other Clay fans out there!

To read the full post on Clay Aiken News Network and stroll down memory lane: click on the picture below or go to: http://claynewsnetwork.com/2018/01/clay-aiken-celebrating-15-years/

-- ClayKat
A fan, "Always and Forever"!


Picture of post from Clay Aiken News Network, with American Idol logo and photo of Clay at first audition

No comments: