Saturday, July 07, 2007

Clay, here I come!

Hello everyone,

Well, I certainly have been neglecting this blog. But let me reassure you, I haven't been neglecting Clay!

I've been spending my more-or-less-twice-weekly Clay-time in these ways:
  • - keeping up with the latest Clay news by faithfully reading my Bloglines news feeds on Clay, including of course the latest information and clack provided by the wonderful team at Clay's Daily Double
  • - checking my Google Alerts (keyword - of course - "Clay Aiken")
  • - visiting the Online Fan Club (OFC) chat room, where I have met some great people who admire Clay as much as I do - and some of whom I'll be meeting later this month at Clay's concert
  • - preparing for and getting excited about Clay's concert!
Clay's summer 2007 tour, officially called "An Evening With Clay Aiken" and unofficially referred to as "Between a Soft Rock and A Hard Place", began this past Wednesday, July 4th, in Frisco, Texas. I spent the evening in the chat room, because a concert-goer was on the phone with someone having a link to the chat room, such that we got her commentary live from the concert. I didn't think a cellcert (CELL-phone con-CERT) would be that exciting, but it sure got us all going, and now I am so looking forward to my concert, coming up in a few short weeks.

Not only is Clay an incredible musical talent and a model humanitarian, he is a consummate performer and entertainer - such great fun to be with, in any shape or form. And that reminds me - please wish me luck on July 12th: that's when six concert-goers (OFC members only) from my concert will be chosen to attend a Meet & Greet with Clay. I never win anything, so I don't have any expectations, but a girl can dream... Let me know if any of you win, I'll be so happy for you!

I'll be back here before the end of the month at the latest, to share how the concert went!

Take care and enjoy the summer,

-- ClayKat

Technorati tags:

No comments: