Sunday, January 22, 2006

On Terry Piper's book "The Invisible Revolution: Clay Aiken and the Fans Who Made Him a Star"

Subtitled "The story of how Clay Aiken and his fans are reshaping the nature of fandom", this book by Terry Piper just came out and I received it for Christmas (although I actually had it in my hands only last week, due to delivery issues).

I had found Terry's Web site by browsing the net, searching for Clay stuff. After reading a sample from the book, I knew I wanted to read the whole thing. Here was a real fan, a serious fan of Clay, not just a shrieking teeny-bopper, but someone who could offer some critical insight into the Clay phenomenon and his loyal, supportive following - the so-called "Clay Nation", of which I am a proud member.

I'm in the process of reading the book now, and so far it is living up to my expectations, and I feel more connected to other fans by knowing that so many feel the same thing I do with respect to Clay.

I really recommend this book if you want to know everything about Clay, but mostly, about his fans, their love of and ferocious loyalty to the amazing young man and singer that is Clay Aiken.

No comments: