Saturday, March 01, 2008

What Clay and I have been up to

Hello fellow Clay fans,

It has been too long! I have to write when I'm inspired to do so, and for the past month or two, I have been busy and somewhat preoccupied with a number of things in my personal and work lives. Mostly good things, such as buying a first home with my sweetie! But also challenges, such as dealing with the fact that a long-time co-worker was recently fired - and in my opinion, unjustly fired... Lots of emotional events and issues to deal with. But overall, life is good, so I'm dealing well.

I have been pretty much keeping up with news about Clay and what he is up to. Now, we all know he has been acting in the Broadway musical Spamalot, since January 18th. He's on a run until May 4th, and it is keeping him very busy. Many people seem surprised at how well he is doing, playing a number of parts, the biggest one being that of Sir Robin (check out Clay's Spamalot blog). It doesn't surprise me at all, to hear that he is doing well. Clay is a consummate performer, a multi-layered talent, a resourceful and dedicated artist, and a hard worker. He can do whatever he sets his mind to - even dancing! I would love to see him on Broadway, but it's not going to happen, and that's ok. I enjoy reading the stories fans share with us of their experiences at the show, and at the backstage door, where Clay has been greeting fans and autographing playbills. Check out Clay's Daily Double's ongoing coverage of Clay in Spamalot, and especially, the thread called "What's Hot From Spamalot". The stories and pictures will put a smile on your face!

Clay has told us that he is taking advantage of the fact that he is in New York City to finalize recording for his next album. He says it should be launched on or around May 6th. I'm very much looking forward to this album, for a number of reasons. The most important being that this album will be the most true to Clay himself, his values and his tastes, of all his albums. He has said as much himself. Just check out the video called "Clay Aiken Spills the Beans About Upcoming Album" on Raleigh, North Carolina's WRAL news' Website, which has a special section on Clay called "Claymania".

It seems fairly sure that the album will be out this spring, in any case. And we know what that means... summer tour! I certainly hope that he will tour this summer, and I hope that I will be able to be there. Maybe he'll return to somewhere in eastern Canada (please, please, Clay?).

In the meantime, those of you who are seeing Clay in Spamalot, enjoy! And tell us all about it!

-- ClayKat

Technorati tags:

No comments: