Thursday, November 08, 2007

My story's in... finally

Hello Clay fans,

Well, let's see... I've known now for over a month, that I wanted to submit a Christmas story to Clay's upcoming Christmas in the Heartland tour contest. So when did I submit it? Last night, just a few hours before the 11:59 p.m. EST deadline for the city where I'll be seeing Clay. So much for good intentions! Oh well, at least it's in, finally.

It was much harder to write than I had expected. After all, I love to write. Perhaps it was because I chose to write about something very real and raw, some sad Christmas memories. I end my story on a positive note, because now Christmas is a happy time of the year for me, but bringing back up some painful memories had its effect on me, such that the actual writing draaaaagged on.

How has your story-writing been? I can't wait to see what Clay will do with these stories of ours, how he will incorporate them into his show scenario. And it makes me happy just thinking of the joy some fans will experience, being asked to read their story on stage, with Clay!

(Of course, one of those fans will be me! Here's hoping!)

-- ClayKat

Technorati tags:

No comments: